On September 4, nine social entrepreneurs gathered at Momentum to begin learning from Thrive’s Accelerator program on how to scale the financial and social growth of their businesses.
We are excited to introduce the latest cohort, and to see how they grow in the coming 24 weeks of the program:
- Allison Ainsley Events is a full-service event planning and management company, specializing in helping community-minded organizations host engaging events.
- BRAVE Communications is a communications consulting firm committed to helping its clients find their authentic voice — improving their presentation or public speaking skills through hosting communication-based workshops and retreats. BRAVE Communications is also heavily involved in creating communications materials for non-profits such as CC4MS (Canadian Centre for Male Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse).
- Fuse33 is a workshop makerspace in Forest Lawn that aims to encourage inclusivity, curiosity, and working with your hands.
- IT Real Simple is an IT firm serving non-profits and small businesses with on-site and remote web support.
- O’Reilly Design Co. is a graphic design and brand management company catering exclusively to businesses and organizations with vegan values – health, community, and doing no harm to the planet or the organisms that live upon it.
- Satori Wellness Studio is a wellness, yoga, and Jiu Jitsu studio that believes in the strength of community by focussing on family services such as prenatal wellness and birthing support and offering community-based meditation programs for trauma recovery.
- Trusted Divorce Services is a paralegal service, offering affordable and uncomplicated divorce solutions without involving a lawyer.
- Whitehorse Solutions Ltd is a commercial construction company that’s exploring providing employment opportunities to Calgary’s vulnerable populations.
- Your Health Span is a mobile massage service that caters to veterans and the elderly in their home, in addition to hiring single mothers in Calgary.
- Support these local businesses by clicking the above links or get out in your community and meet them first-hand.
- Click here to learn more about the Accelerator program.
- Check out the previous cohort’s participants here.
- To apply into the spring 2019 Thrive Accelerator or to learn more about the program, connect with Meredith Perich at firstname.lastname@example.org.