Thrive Accelerator is all about helping businesses grow and create social impact within their communities. Through unique learning delivery, this 6 month program integrates in-class learning with one-on-one business coaching for small business owners that are effecting change through their business. The fall 2017 cohort began early October. Be sure to check out their goods by following the links to their websites.
- Good Trade Company partners with farmers in rural Latin America who are living below the poverty line to reach new markets through education, sustainable agriculture and economic growth.
- Devils Head Coffee imports coffee from all over the world delivering the best and freshest coffee possible through small batch hand roasting right here in Calgary.
- Lydian Music Studio encourages students to develop a lifelong love of music.
- Sunny Cidery is an urban cidery based in Sunnyside that processes urban apples, which would normally end up in the compost or landfill, to create tasty, hard cider.
- Eli Custom Clothier specializes in creating custom attire and men’s formal wear for weddings and other special events.
- Father & Sons Repair is a small engine repair centre whose central mission is to hire, train, certify, and develop at-risk youth in Calgary.
- Make Good is the start of a maker space for artists in Cochrane being led by Clarke Studio.
- Happiness by the Acre is a local grower that is part of YYC Growers community of farmers. They provide happy food (healthy and natural), grown on happy land (sustainable agriculture) to happy people (a happy body starts with happy food).
- Royal Ambassadors offers residential and commercial cleaning by a team paid a living wage.
- Chimmis Hot Sauz is sure to turn every meal into a party. Their range of delicious sauces are based on a Peruvian family recipe, made with natural ingredients with no preservatives or colours.
- Culinary Skills and Nutrition provides private and group cooking classes that offer simple solutions to live a healthy life by eating better.
- Trissha Taylor Creative provides online courses to help you grow or start an Etsy business.
- CitySwitch helps businesses save money by converting their electrical systems to LED…and more. NOTE – their website is currently under construction.
Wow! What a group! It’s exciting to see how they’ve grown in 2 short months since the program began. As Simon Sinek says in his book, Starts with Why, “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.”
The next Thrive Accelerator program will start in April 2018 supporting entrepreneurs to grow their impact and develop their business skills.
- Buy local and support businesses in the current Thrive Accelerator that are doing good in our community.
- Enroll in the Spring 2018 Thrive Accelerator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launch a social impact venture in your community by emailing email@example.com.