We’re excited to share that Cape Breton University is bringing its MBA in Community Economic Development (CED) to Calgary. The flexibility to complete a post-graduate degree program in two years on a part-time basis, in our community – bring it!
“The MBA in CED attracts entrepreneurs, people working in the public sector and within community organizations. Learners can take all courses in quality face-to-face classes on select weekends, right in Calgary,” shares George Karaphillis Dean of the Shannon School of Business and Director of the MBA in CED for CBU.
Karaphillis further explained this is very much an up-to-date MBA program, reflective of a new paradigm in the workplace with an emphasis on leadership, economic development, and strategy. Tuition fee for the weekend format in AB, SK, and ON is $2,077 per course, and CBU has an agreement with Simon Fraser University’s CED Certificate program to extend three-course exemptions to their graduates (this reduces the program tuition cost to around $28K).
The program has received approval of Alberta’s Minister of Advanced Education and Technology and consists of 13 core courses, two electives, and an Applied Research Project (ARP). Studies start in January 2018 and Calgary will be the 31st cohort.
- Join CBU to learn more on Tuesday, June 6 during these info sessions:
- 9:00-11:00 am Coffee chat, at Baya Rica café, 204 7A St NE
- 12:00 pm room S4036, Bow Valley College, 345 6th Avenue SE
- 5:30 pm room S4035, Bow Valley College, 345 6th Avenue SE
- Can’t make a session? Contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org