EconoUs is an annual conference powered by the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNET). Thrive has partnered with CCEDNet to bring EconoUs to Calgary this September 13, 14, 15.
As we face economic disparity, growing inequality, and environmental crises, Canadians are looking for alternatives. More and more community leaders across the country are using innovative business models, new investment tools and technology to build a strong and resilient economy that prioritizes people and planet. EconoUs2017 will share the ways in which we are shifting from an economy focused on “ME” to an economy that is by and for “US”. All of Us.
Submissions are now open for workshop proposals. As one of the hosting partners, Thrive is reaching out to our community. If you are working on an innovative solution that creates shared prosperity for all, and have an idea of how to share that story in an interactive way that creates space for reflection and dialogue, then we want to hear from you.
Workshops should fall under at least one of the three conference themes:
- Thriving communities – enhancing the wellbeing of a community by working alongside the people who live in it through inclusive initiatives like gender and race equality, social housing, and poverty reduction.
- Good jobs – creating sustainable livelihoods by paying a fair wage, and providing a safe, healthy work environment with room to grow a career. Good jobs explore innovative ways to address the shifting nature of work and employment to ensure a pathway to a secure, adequate income for everyone who wants to work.
- Doing business differently – finding new ways to work that improve the social, economic, and environmental well-being of the community. The triple bottom line.
Preference will be given to joint proposals submitted by more than one organization, cooperative or social enterprise. We invite you to get creative with tours, panel presentations, group discussions or even performance art. The sky’s the limit!
The deadline for proposals is February 28, 2017.
EconoUs2017 is presented in partnership with REAP, Calgary Economic Development, The Calgary Regional Partnership, Mount Royal University’s Institute for Community Prosperity and Momentum. The conference provides an incredible opportunity for our community to share what’s working and explore solutions that create good jobs and build strong and resilient local economies. We look forward to receiving your submission!
- Check out the EconoUs2017 website for more information.
- Click here to submit your workshop proposal before February 28, 2017.
- Want to be a sponsor or exhibitor? Click here.