On December 2nd, Alberta BoostR is celebrating local change makers as they pitch their initiatives on the BoostR Stage to a room full of over 300 Calgarians. The fun part is that YOU are one of those people and YOU get to decide who gets the funding. As an attendee, you’ll receive a $20 voucher to boost a business…THAT NIGHT!
Excited? We are too. Which is why Thrive is extending an invite to you – the influencer, innovator, community builder, entrepreneur, philanthropist – to join us for the first-ever BoostR Stage event dedicated to celebrating Alberta’s social entrepreneurs.
What’s a social entrepreneur?
A social entrepreneur is someone who’s changing lives and/or bettering the environment through the core operations of their business. Through day-to-day business operations, they inevitably create positive social impact locally or globally – the social and financial outcomes of their organization are tied together.
The evening will include:
- 6 pitches from social entrepreneurs running an Alberta BoostR crowdfunding campaign
- 4 judges who will give candid feedback to the entrepreneurs pitching
- A crowd of over 300 people from the local community, all of whom have a $20 voucher to boost a business – that night!
- A libation on ATB Financial
- Networking with some of the biggest and brightest in Alberta
- Appetizers – don’t worry, we have your stomach growls covered
What is Alberta BoostR?
Alberta BoostR is a rewards-based crowdfunding platform from ATB Financial for Alberta entrepreneurs and change makers. It’s a place for local businesses to get funding from their supporters, and everyday people who recognize the value of small business. Businesses tell their story, set funding goals, and offer rewards for a Boost. In addition to providing an online channel to raise funds, get marketing/exposure, insights/feedback and build a crowd, Alberta BoostR provides crowdfunding coaching, promotes businesses through ATB channels and holds live pitch events. If you’re an Alberta-based entrepreneur or small business owner interested in crowdfunding through the BoostR community, check out Albertaboostr.ca