We are recruiting twenty-four leaders to take the 2015-16 SFU Certificate Program for Community Economic Development with a special cohort of Calgary’s most active change-makers.
The Certificate Program was launched 15 years ago, and continues to be on the only program in North America with a theory and practice for building local living economies. The program is 8 months, part-time and combines distance education with in-person residencies.
This year’s course lineup includes:
- Principles and Practice for Local Prosperity
- Sustainability of People, the Planet and Places
- Making Change Happen
- Social Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Enterprise
- Seminars and Case Studies
- Co-operative Economics
- New Economy Study Tour
- Social Innovation Challenge
- Cultural Diversity, Epistemic Plurality & Economic Decentralization
Apply before July 15. Participants that meet the criteria will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Pay tuition by July 15th and receive a $300 early bird discount. We expect this to sell out fast. All applications will be responded to within 48 hours.
Download the Calgary brochure here to see the program benefits, courses, schedule & costs.
This program is hosted by Thrive, Calgary’s Community Economic Development Network.